The competition is open to any unpublished poet worldwide, or those who wish to explore the concept of poetry.
First Prize: Re-post on Blogsite
Second Prize: Poetry Tips pdf eBook
Third Prize: 2 x Q&A Poetry tip sessions via e-mail
Deadline: 31 July 2018
Shortlist Published: 12 August 2018
Winners Announced: 26 August 2018
How to Enter:
Send your submission to: email@example.com
Entry Fee: Free
- We aim to support unpublished poets; therefore we ONLY accept poetry from unpublished poets. Journalists, copywriters, writers, authors and web writers must please not apply. People who made a living from writing poetry at any point in their life (e.g. decades earlier) are also not eligible for entry.
- The competition is open to anyone over the age of 21.
- Entrants must submit a poem maximum word count: 100. Entries exceeding the word count by 20 words will not be considered.
- Entrants can interpret and represent the theme in any way they choose. Poems that appear to be entirely unrelated to the theme will not be considered. Poets must produce their own title.
- Only one poem per entrant is allowed.
- We only accept entries written in English.
- The competition closes at midnight on 31 July 2018 (CAT). The shortlist will be published by 12 August 2018, and the winners announced and displayed on our blogsite on 26 August 2018.
- Prizewinners will be notified via email as well as on our blogsite; please ensure you supply a valid email address with your entry.
- Poems must not have been previously published. Entrants must own full copyright to the poem being submitted.
- Poets retain copyright, but give permission for their work to be displayed on my blogsite.
- The judges’ decision is final; no disputes will be entered into.
- All submissions and enquiries can be sent to Tiffany via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your entry has not been acknowledged within 5 working days, please contact us as your email may have got lost in transit.
- TIFFANYMISAACS.COM reserves the right to extend the competition deadline, or cancel the competition should the entries not be of publishable quality or up to the required standard.
- Only e-mail submissions are acceptable, with stories attached as Word Documents. Mark your entry clearly with the subject line: TIFFANYMISAACS.COM Poetry Competition.
- Your poem should have a unique title. Do not use the theme as your title.
- Your email must state the title of your poem, as well as your name E.g. ‘Phenomenal Woman’ – by Maya Angelou
- Do not include your name on any page of your poem. All entries will be judged blind.
- Use a font such as Arial or Times New Roman, size 12 or more. Use 1.5 or double spacing between lines.
Good Luck, I hope to hear from you soon! Let the games begin 🙂