Research of course says the obvious, connecting your blog to various social media platforms aims in bringing more traffic to your blog. WordPress has a support service that can be viewed as a how to guide http://en.support.wordpress.com/category/traffic/. Isn’t it complicated?
A few tips I have read about:
1. Blog regularly by maintaining a set time for posting
2. Publicize your blog via social media (twitter, Facebook, Linkined etc.)
3. Pay to bring more traffic to your blog
4. Hash tag your posts (twitter)
5. Tag your posts
6. Write about google
7. Post only once a day
A few of my tips:
1. Advertise your blog on What’s app, We Chat and BBM
2. Tag your posts in line with what’s trending on twitter if applicable
3. Tag your posts in line with what’s popular on the freshly pressed platform (WordPress) if applicable
4. Post more than once a day – seems to be working for me
On a personal level it’s not about the amount of followers my blog receives, it’s about the number of views. The number of views demonstrates how many people’s lives I have touched and indicates how many people have taken the time out of their schedules to view my blog. In summary all tips work best when completed at the same time.
What do you think?